02 September, 2005

10 things i DON'T miss about driving to work

10. the variance in my schedule created by the ultimate flexability of not being tied the schedule of someone else (namely, metrotransit).
9. breaking a sweat walking 10 minutes in the sweltering morning heat from my parking lot.
8. being too lazy to walk that healthy 10 minutes and taking the bus, thus making me feel guilty for being a lazy ass for at least 4 seconds.
7. having to talk to people on the bus because... well... you know them.
6. having to be happy with that WAY too happy 8:04 21A bus driver.
5. dumbass drivers.
4. traffic.
3. driving INTO the sun.
2. feeling like a gas guzzling asshole who doesn't care about the environment enough to take one of the two bus routes that go RIGHT BY MY HOUSE into work.
1. driving next to (and battling road rage of) gas guzzling, s.u.v. driving, fishy and bush sticker sticking, non-blinker using, speed-up-so-i-can-get-in-front-of-you-ering, assholes.

2 comments:

  1. You actually forgot one, despite your extensive list, if you drove like I do. Whenever possible, if there's someone who's coming out from a gas station, or just trying to turn the corner onto a busy street, I slow down and motion for them to go ahead. I put myself in their shoes and try to give them a break (by using my brake).

    Well, sometimes I'll get a nod or wave of gratitude, or the driver will mouth a thank-you, but percentagewise, most people just slide into the space I provide for them and drive on, as if my car and I don't even exist. That really irks me! Maybe they just don't want to take the time to acknowledge what I did, but if I hadn't gone out of my way to help them in the first place, they sure have been stuck where they were a lot longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are a few things that I DO miss about Tom:

    1) His amazing singing voice
    2) Flirting with him is the best
    3) BLOG UPDATES (hint, hint...)
    4) Loading up Helga before the butt crack of dawn in the middle of winter(hehe)
    5) Singing together
    6) Holiday Carolers
    7) Being able to hang out all the time
    8) Stealing the blanket from him while sleeping under the starry, Kansas sky
    9) Making fun of the way he pronounces things since he is from the northern state of Wisconsin
    10) Did I mention blog updates?

    Love you Tom!

    ReplyDelete