07 March, 2007

doppel-WHA?

on sunday i was waiting in line for brunch w/ some friends when one of them turned around and stated in a very shocked voice, "i just saw your doppelganger!" having NO idea what the hell he was talking about i responded with an equally shocked, "WHAT?!?" and then promptly checked my fly. nope, everything was packaged up nicely.

he stated it again, "no, over there! your doppelganger!" once again i said, "what?"... well, this went on for a few cycles before i finally said, "no seriously, i have no idea what a doppelganger is." it's at the point that the cycle ended and he told me how a doppelganger was a person's twin, their lookalike, their other-half. and supposedly MY doppelganger was standing right behind me.

so, as covertly at possible, i spun around and began looking for a ruggedly-handsome man in his late 20's w/ a beard and hair that looked like it should have been cut two months ago. whouldn't you know, he WAS standing right behind me, and even more shocking was that, indeed, i found him quite attractive.

that's when i had two revelations only one of which i shared w/ my friends:

1) i am TOTALLY attracted to guys that look similar to me, i.e., facial hair, not primped, kinda rugged-ish, looks like they're quite comfortable in their own skin. note, i'm not attracted to guys LIKE me but that just guys that LOOK like me.

2) if i ever got the chance, i'd totally make out w/ myself.

this last revelation was kinda fun to think about at first but the more i used "doppelganger" in conversation the more i thought about making out w/ myself which made me think more and more that i was a freak.

now before you reply with a resounding "DUH!" please think about it first for yourself... if you got the chance, would you makeout w/ yourself? i'm not as much curious how many people say "yes" but rather how many of those saying "yes" are straight *grin*

2 comments:

  1. Zack & I voted & the answer is "no" for both of us but then again, we kinda look alike so maybe we are attracted to ourselves???? Interesting query and just a tad icky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't, but my wife says she would love to make out with her doppleganger.

    ReplyDelete