22 March, 2011

dancing in the precipitation

woke up this morning to rain, dark, and a chill in the air - a day made for me!  it's days like this that i'm glad i live AND work downtown because i get to walk to work in the rain with my umbrella; that rarely-used accessory that adds an element of romanticism and fun to any person's day.  there's nothing i love more than rainy days because no matter how i'm feeling when i wake up or seconds before i walk out the door, it never fails that the moment i see the rain i feel like a new person with an energy level that matches that of any crazy person who loves the sunshine in the middle of summer (crazy people).  i mean, seriously, what's more warm, cozy, and full of childlike fun than a good rain!?!?!?

the only bad thing is the new work shoes i bought (to keep my feet dry because the others weren't so successful at that) did indeed leak this morning so my precipitation-happy-dance was clouded-over by a wet sock on my right foot.  oh well, something i can take through my day as a reminder of my walk in  = )

No comments:

Post a Comment