13 January, 2005

stangel elementary school





i happened upon this pic this morning... my old elementary school!!! it's amazing how tiny those buildings look when you see them 14 years later. wow.

i also noticed that the school's nickname is still the "stangel stars." i'd like to set the record straight and mention that we had a contest when i was in 5th grade or so for a school nickname... we ended up with the "stangel stars." how cool is it to know that you left your mark on elementary students for years and years.

the memories i have there...
like how the bus drove along the shores of lake michigan every morning on the way to school (damn, i miss that lake terribly)...
like getting detention for throwing ice on the playground...
for being afraid of fingerpainting in kindergarden because i was afraid of getting my fingers dirty (no comments please)...
of my FAVORITE teacher in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD, mr. o'...
for crying when 3rd grade ended because i didn't want to loose mr. o' as a teacher...
for the school forest...
for sex ed...
for new kids on the block!!!

gosh, i had a good childhood = ) thanx stangel elementary!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:23 PM

    Your elementary school should have an Alumni Registry, like the one I created (and manage) for Andy's school: www.longfellow.spps.org/Alumni_Connection.htmlUnfortunately, none of my old schools have such a registry. I do keep in touch with my fourth grade teacher, though. Nerds do things like that. Mrs. Kipp met Ben twice in the last year and told me that she approves of him. "Keep that one," she said. So, I think I will.

    Amy
    Lincoln Elementary Alumna (Colorado Springs, CO)
    Fremont Elementary Alumna (Colorado Springs, CO)
    Pinewood Elementary Alumna (Monticello, MN)

    ...er, I got around.

    ReplyDelete