20 January, 2005

welcome home

when i decided to change the format of my blog i basically asked myself (1) "what DOES your personal universe look like anyway?" to which i also had to ask (2) "what IS your personal universe?" to which i ended with (3) "when in your life have you felt like you were in your own personal universe?"

my answer to these questions (last to first) was this:
(3) i've most often felt like i was in my personal universe when around water. i grew up on lake michigan and had a small stream in my backyard... since birth, water has been my focal point and i've always been in my own world when around it ever since.
(2) my personal universe is where i feel the most comfortable... where everything around me disappears... where life as i know it no longer matters... where i can sit for hours and never miss the time.
(1) it looks like a rocky beach on lake michigan. it looks like the lighthouse i grew up by. it sounds like the waves crashing on the rocks on the shore. it looks like water.

welcome to the new "nakachunkoff's personal universe"! my foundation is a sandy shore. my words are backed up by river stones. and my title is the very same lighthouse i grew up by, the one i used to sit on for hours while only staring into the lake and hearing only the sound of water and seagulls.

everytime i look at this blog i'll remind me of what i dearly miss... what i dearly love... and what brings me the most peace i've possibly ever experienced in my entire life. hopefully the visuals will help you, too, to find your own personal universe.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:13 AM

    Tom, Your new blog template looks absolutely awesome. We love the patterns and the color scheme. Keep up the great work and have an awesome day. North Woods Guys

    ReplyDelete