13 February, 2006

office conversation

john - hey tom, you're one of the people on your team who support informatica, right?

me - yeah

john - well, there's an informatica conference coming up in may and my area doesn't have the money to send me, they're saving all their money for java conferences. i talked to another area and they can't send anyone either. we really want someone to go to this conference, would your area have the time or money to send someone?

me - yeah, we have conference money budgeted this year and we're trying to figure out where to use it. where's the conference?

john - san francisco.

me - hey, i'm in! that's like mecca for me, i mean, after going there i could die fulfilled!

john - hey, yeah, you're right. you'd definately have a leg-up on the competition.

me - uh...

john - *deep red* uuuuuuh... um... no pun intended...

No comments:

Post a Comment