06 June, 2006

one of those "touchy" subjects...

yeah, this is a "touchy subject" because noone ever wants to talk about it because it's just one of those things that you accept to be true and expect to be sent to hell for thinking about... but i'm willing to take the risk to figure it out.

what the HELL is "old-person" smell?

i mean, i know it's the smell that most elderly people exude at one time or another... but what i mean is what CAUSES it? what causes them to smell up an elevator or mail room in a matter of seconds? what causes their homes to smell like it? what causes the smell that you learn to associate with "old people" before you associate the smell of "white" to a hospital?

it's not moth balls (as i thought for a long time) because moth balls are bearable... it's not poop... god i hope it's not. it's not their breath, or hair, or pits, or clothes... i just want to know.

*sigh*

i broke the silence... i can see my handbasket pulling-up to the front door as i type...

1 comment:

  1. I went past a guy today at KFC and my first thought was "OMG...I'm gonna gag" and my second thought was "damn old people smell". I'm not sure what it is but I'd guess that it has something to do with the fact that they can no longer reach in between their toes or in the butt crack area to clean. Darn Arthritis!

    ReplyDelete