11 August, 2004

tom's trip part 1: the overview

for a description of tom's trip: the series click here

la la la... i sing my music too loud, i drive my car too fast, and i eat too many gummi bears. i'm on my way to omaha. and for one of the first times in a long time i'm excited for the trip - i'm going to san diego dammit!

steve is a bitch


lunch w/ my parents on thursday was fun - but i was ready to fly out of town. after getting done w/ that, steve was tired so he napped, i headed downtown for a little walk down memory lane (actually, i went to the adult bookstore, but that's a whole nother story). in my absence i guess drama broke out between steve and his ex... he called me and (yes) asked me if he could go on vacation alone. alls i could think of to say was "um... ok... but what the FUCK am i suppossed to do now!?!?!" he just said i don't know. he bought my plane ticket... he could eat it i decided.


family ties


so's i call my parents and give them the great news! i'll be seeing them again REAL soon! like in 20 minutes! dad asks what i want for dinner, comfort food you know. beer and brats - and stat! no more than 1 hour later mom and dad walk in the door, dad pops a beer open and thrusts it at me, i do the next logical thing... i go to the front porch and smoke. still bitching about steve.
i stayed w/ my parents for a few days. i was liberated! i had freedom! and i was no longer upset w/ steve... hell, he gave me a gift... an unexpected vacation that i was going to have a killer time on!


god i love hotwire


my mom is an online freak. i mean, a real freak. she almost instantly got a crazed look in her eyes when she realized i had almost an entire week to go out on vacation, she jumps on line and finds me trips to everywhere from nyc to florida to toronto to vegas. i love my mom, but by this time i had already decided that my destination would be chicago/steamworks (which i tactfully chose not to tell her) and so the searching went from looking for destinations to looking for flights and hotels. cause of my financial situation i wanted to only spend the money in my pocket - driving seemed the best bet. a stay in the burbs on saturday night and then a couple nights downtown turned out to be a really good deal! the hotels were booked, i went out w/ my sister to the bars and oogled over her gorgeous boytoys, and i went to bed toasty warm ready to leave for my next big adventure!


on the road again

saturday morning, say good bye to the parents, saturday afternoon, say hello to chicago, illinois! there i was, a mere 3 days after driving to omaha, back on the road again. it was hellish thinking of a 7 hour trip ahead of me, but then i realized that this was the beginning of something exciting and new (communial sigh). i was off to see the wizard, or at least find the wizard in me. i was going to go on vacation, forget about the snags that started the trip, and live like i've never lived before: without apology, without accountability, without anyone to answer to, and without care... the world was mine, the road was mine, and chicago... well, that was going to be mine when i got done with it = )

...


No comments:

Post a Comment