24 November, 2004

many thanks

as i'm getting more and more excited to go home tonight and decorate my tree i've made myself stop and think about what tomorrow is... thanksgiving... not christmas. = )

anyway - i wanted to take this moment to send a great big hug to all my friends, tangible and non-tangible. i've learned a lot in the last few years and one of the biggest things is the importance of family. i've also learned the importance of creating a family of your own outside of the nuclear family.

and that is who you all are.

without you i wouldn't have a place to laugh, be silly, cry, bitch, moan, share my crazy stories, and get my ever-so-needed support in tough times. without you i'd go crazier than i already am, and without you i'd probably still be in ruts that i formed years ago and were lovingly lifted out of by some of you. you truly are my support and my confidence when times are shitty, and you seriously bring me hope and honest-to-goodness love of life with every interraction i have with you, whether it's in person, by phone, over email, or even a short comment on my blog from an unknown person i may never hear from again.

so in this season, ever so sappy as it is, i say thank you for being my friends.

now go get laid.

No comments:

Post a Comment