01 March, 2005

humbling moment

i just read an incredible posting at joe. my. god. (katie, if you think i write well, read a little by joe... my postings look like shit compared to his).

but anyway - when i finished reading this amazing blog (which most of his are) i had just the most sad and depressing feeling (perhaps it was the fact that i was also listening to the new air supply cd at the time). i mean, it just seemed to reemphasize that every single fucking person on this planet has his/her own battles that they are fighting. i'm sorry - even the most confident and put-together person has something deep down inside that just eats at them, some are just better at hiding it than others.

it also challenged me to rethink my reactions towards others. we're in this together, we're all floating on the same planet in the same universe, we're all hurting, and we all need to live together. just like when i got my second cat... they didn't like each other very much, but there was absolutly nothing they could do unless i made an executive decision to get rid of one of them (like hell...). we're in the same boat, we're all on this ball together unless the heavens choose to separate us, and i don't think that'll be happening any time soon.

man, its at moments like this that i am reminded of my absolute devotion to air supply.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Tom...I just read your blog and Joe's.

    What a story. Sad! Shocking isn't it, that we are so nonattached as human beings ~ to not care for one another. We no longer have the ability to see good in other human beings.

    Our society has gone backwards.

    We are all on this planet together - the least we can do is get along and respect the feelings, loves, likes etc. of others.

    Hey, by the way..how is the play going.

    I tried to email you, but I have lost your email address on gmail.

    Drop me a note.

    Pookie Bear of North Woods Guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:28 PM

    How come all the cute guys are gay? Joe was a hottie too :o) I'm jealous! Ha!

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:34 PM

    It just dawned on me how insensitive my previous comment could have been considering I didn't actually comment on Joe's blog & the story he told. That is a sad story & really makes me reflect on how I treat others. I remember we had a girl in Jr. High that would always threaten suicide and we just brushed her off as if she wasn't serious. We teased her and mistreated her and then she moved away...makes me wonder how her life turned out. Hmmmm...food for thought for anyone I suppose.

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete