01 April, 2006

and the box awards to go to...

as i woke up this morning around 8am i decided today was a packing day. i have no idea when in april i'm moving, but i DO know that it can be as soon as next weekend - better be early than late so i'm starting the packing today.

after doing some errands i decided to stop by a few stores and beg for boxes (you'll NEVER hear me say that again). here are the top three:


  • third place: borders - these wonderful people went back to the storage room and got me three flattened boxes. i can't complain, it was very generous of them.

  • second place: target - the wonderfully helpful manager on duty called back to the back room and found out their boxes were already gone for the day. but then she hit the customer service desk and took four boxes from them. when the guy complained she said "well, you didn't invite me to your wedding, so that's what you get." lol she walked back to me and said "well... he didn't... that's his problem."

  • first place: petsmart - the cute guy behind the counter called over another equally cute guy and they both started talking to me about boxes (the story of my life... always 1/2 fulfilled). the first cute guy told me to go to the "cardboard" dumpster behind the store and take what i want. i got back there and couldn't believe all the boxes. *sigh* i love cute guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment