07 February, 2005

until...

i bought "the bracelet" this weekend.

that is... the until there's a cure bracelet.

it's a really neat looking bracelet, but quite possibly the neatest thing about it is that 100% of the purchase price goes to the organization. than means when you go to the body shop or kenneth cole or any other retailer to buy the bracelet, the full purchase price goes to "until."

i'm going to have the inside plaque on mine engraved with the simple name "larry".

larry was the first person i ever knew that had aids... unfortunately i had no idea he had aids until he was the first person i ever knew to die of aids.

lets stop making it such a taboo subject... lets fight this thing.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:40 PM

    Okay - I usually keep my opinions, especially when they are controversial, to myself but I want to say this. Don't you think there are better causes to support than finding a cure for HIV and AIDS? HIV and AIDS is preventable! People can protect themselves from getting AIDS! Granted, I know many people have suffered from this disease as a result of a blood transfusion or just by being born which they had no choice in. I have sympathy for them. However, I believe in finding cures for diseases which are incurable or UNPREVENTABLE such as cancer and diabetes (and others)!

    ReplyDelete