19 May, 2006

giggly-squiggly-excited


you know, it's interesting how life repeats itself.  

ten years ago (almost to the day, actually) i graduated from high school.  i was crazy-excited because i was going to college in the fall and i just couldn't contain myself.  i'd look at my acceptance letter all the time just to feel that excited and freaked-out feeling over and over.  every single day i'd be reminded that i was going to college and that i was doing something with my life - it was the best (and scariest) feeling in the world.

fast-forward those ten, very short, years...

yesterday i got my student id from the university of minnesota.  i'm crazy-excited because i'm going to grad school this summer and i just can't contain myself!  yesterday and today i keep taking it out of my wallet to look at it and get that excited freaked-out feeling... over and over and over again!  since i got accepted and enrolled in my first class i'm reminded that i'm going to school again and that i'm doing something with my adult life!  it's the best (scary, but not as much as before) feeling ever.

i've changed SO much in these last ten years but right now i'm amazed at how much i HAVEN'T changed.  life still excites me and a simple piece of paper or an id card w/ my picture and the word "student" on it can give me that giggly-squiggly-excited feeling that i just love.

have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment