16 May, 2006

my dad's going to think i've married the devil


i'm almost done getting my new apartment organized, decorated, and balanced.  as i was saying to my wonderful sis the other day, i'm able to do things in this apartment that i haven't been able to do in the past... namely, surround myself with artifacts and icons i hold very close to my spiritual self.

hence my marriage to the devil himself (i heard he's hot... AND gay...)

i looked around my place last night and saw a couple crosses, a green man plaque, a shrine to buddha, three castiron african gods, a set of tarot cards, a set of oracle cards, a gorgeous carving of shiva, and a copy of the koran, the book of mormon, the tao te ching, the gospel of thomas, the gospel of judas, oh, and the bible.  i'm probably missing some things, but you get the point.  i think my parents are going to absolutly love my new place... but i'm sure that it will only take my dad a few minutes to notice being surrounded by false idols.

*sigh*  

i love my new place... it just feels so right.

1 comment: