08 May, 2006

reality bites


i recently took an official e.q. (emotional quotient) test through work.  you know, the kind that my company has to pay mega cash for and that i have to sit down and discuss with an advisor when i get done.  this test is supposed to show my emotional intellegence and is supposedly difficult for many people to see the results of.  i was delighted to get the info on me...

well, as should be no surprise, i came out above average in most areas, specifically in "stress tolerance" and "interpersonal relationships" and ABOVE average in "happiness."  well DUH!  the thing that really shocked me, though, was that i came out particularly below average in "reality testing."

of course my inital reaction was "what the fuck is reality testing?"  my second reaction was "well of COURSE i'm below average in that... reality freakin' bites and i do almost everything i can to ignore it."  my third reaction was "hmmm, maybe i should read-up on this "reality testing" thing before i continue bitching."

*pause bitching*

reality testing:  the reults for this subscale indicate a pronounced tendency to over-fantasize, daydream, and lose touch with what's going on in the "real-world."  there also may be a tendency to pursue unrealistic goals, instead of sticking to practical and attainable goals.  there is a limited ability to stay focused on the task at hand.

*resume bitching*

whatever.  if you ask me... the "average" person is flawed because they are based too much in reality.  to me, reality is corporate america.  reality is george bush.  reality is right-wingers supressing women, gays, and anyone who is happier or has a better sex live than them.  reality is dumb.

the person who can't occasionally escape reality is a bore.  the person who can focus on the "real-world" all the time is flawed.  and the person who is "average" in their reality testing is just not me.  and i don't want to be that person niether.

give me your tired, your poor, your air-headed masses yearning to be themselves and worship as themselves and not be forced to fit into an "average" box.

all praise to the green man.

No comments:

Post a Comment