30 July, 2004

Tom's doing well!

yes my friends, i'm doing well.

contrary to popular belief, i'm doing VERY well. i'm excited to spend some surprise time w/ my family, and i'll be on my way to chicago tomorrow at this time (sorry amber and jen... flights to denver are WAY too much right now, believe me, you were my first choice of destinations.)

speaking of destinations... here were my choices... and reasons for not going:

  • denver - jen and amber are there, but flights were too much and driving there would mean driving all the back to the cities on the way back... thats about an 15-18 hr trip just to go home... too much for me.

  • vegas - awe-jeah baby, but i've never been there, and a few days in vegas would be too overwhelming.

  • toronto - love that city, but didn't want to pay $500 for a trip deal there, too fun to go back there though!

  • nyc - i almost shit my pants when i thought of going back there, but alas, too much money and not nearly enough time to cover what i'd want to do.

  • seattle - randy and craig, but again, too late in the game.

  • sydney - pshaw! after the flight i'd have enough time to get a coffee in the airport and head back home again... plus, my passport is expired

  • chicago - it's close, i know the city better than any other city besides the cities and omaha, i can get a hotel there for $41/night, i've wanted to go there for a while alone, i love the night life, and for my "family" friends... two words: boystown and steamworks. *snicker*


  • so by the process of elimination (and financial introspection) chicago won. now... how long i'll be there or what i'll do there is totally up in the air... i'm a man w/ cash and vacation time... don't get in my way = )

    till the next time! keep checkin in on me!

    *hugs*

    2 comments:

    1. Anonymous3:39 PM

      *another BIG hug*

      -j

      ReplyDelete
    2. Anonymous10:56 AM

      Tom...Can I just tell you how ecstatic I am to have made your Blog!!! That's just freakin' awesome! It's too bad that tickets to Denver cost so much-would have loved to see you but then again, I'm sure another time would work out better. Have a FUN time in Chicago. I expect a full report when you get back :)
      Love ya,
      Jen

      ReplyDelete