13 September, 2004

tettegouche and my private thoughs...

what a kick ass time! not only did our campsite have quite possibly the most gorgeous view of lake superior, the company made the time absolutly perfect!

check out jessie's pics online. all 133 of mine are on a cd and since i don't have snapshot or anything like that you'll have to email me and i'll send them to you myself!

i just have to say one more thing. my final thought:

throughout the centuries life has continued to become more and more hectic, bogged down, stressful, prepackaged, and unbearable - putting each and every one of us in a place that seems confined and endless. should it be a surprise that leaving the world as we know it, not worrying about showering, doing the hair, putting on makeup, smelling pretty, or being private about all-too-human things like going to the bathroom makes us feel more relaxed and content than we've felt in years? i camp not necessarily because it's fun (though it IS a blast), but i camp because it's when i'm camping that i'm faced with endless opportunities to focus back on the most important things in my life: myself, my higher-power, the nature that brings us together, and the friends that experience it with me. i camp because it reminds me that there are more important things in life than my debt, my car, my job, my apartment, my movies, or my music. i camp because it brings me to a place where, without a doubt, i'm going to be healed. i always leave feeling refreshed and ready for life, and ready for the next time i can be revived.

No comments:

Post a Comment